Tuesday, February 16, 2010

The Summit


I was away at a work conference this week and as always it's full of fun, learning and excitement for the coming year.

One of the speakers gave an example which I straight away noted because it is so relevant to a weightloss journey (any journey in fact!).

A famous person (sorry, not good with names) was asked how he managed to climb such a massive mountain. He simply said, "I never looked at the summit because I knew that I would turn away and be overcome by my fear of not being able to go any further or that I would convince myself that I couldn't do it. Instead I looked down at my feet and watched as I put one foot in front of another, something I KNEW I could do".

This was inspiring!

I get so nervous about achieving the 30kgs that I have to lose because it's just so mammoth and I doubt my own capabilities to stick it out to the end. However, what I can do is take a step every day. I can look at each day, each gram as it's own achievement.

*sigh*...Truly inspirational!

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts with Thumbnails