Saturday, February 6, 2010

Exercise: A key to any weight loss journey



I HATE EXERCISE!

Ok, now that I've got that out of my system...here is today's blog.

Every single person should have exercise into their daily routine. When it comes to weight loss there is a simple formula that applies to everyone.

Energy in = Energy Out

Calories/Kilojoules in = Body functions, energy burning activities (including dedicated exercise time!)

If we have more calories going into our body than what we are using every day, the body will store these in our fat cells, and wah-lah! We put on weight.

If you're anything like me, and have a job where you are predominantly in the office behind a computer, then I have news for you...we have to actually dedicate some serious exercise time during the time to burn off what we eat (and more if we want to lose weight!)

It's an ugly truth, but none-the-less essential.

I know the theory but I am the biggest procrastinator when it comes to exercising. I will think of all the excuses first before actually exercising.

So my first of many exercise tips is this...

When you decide you need to add exercise to your weight loss journey, DO IT TODAY! Don't wait for tomorrow because you will find that tomorrow will become the next day, and the next and so on...

I have followed my own tip. Today I made the decision that I need to get on my exercise machine at least 20mins a day. I would normally say "ok, I'll start tomorrow!"...this time I decided to do it straight away!

So now I have at least 20 mins of exercise logged in for today and I feel like I've accomplished something!

Of course I know that you should be doing more than 20 mins a day, but what is more important is to make it part of you. Make it something that you fit into every day...now there is a challenge!

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts with Thumbnails