Saturday, February 20, 2010

Stresssssssssssssssssssssssssss



How is one supposed to deal with stress really?

I've had a stressful couple of days at work...little sleep...lots of silly people that don't know how to think properly...and in the midst of it all? I was scrounging around for chocolate...like looking for a quick hit...

Then someone had a birthday...so I ate a piece of cake...

The desire for sweetness consumed me...

Do you honestly think that at a time like this I would be reaching for a carrot stick to calm me down?????

Then, I got a hold of myself. Yes, I had the piece of cake...but I stopped my salivating, got up off my paws and realised that I was looking for something sweet, yes, but it was probably because I was stressed and restless. So I improvised on the sweetness and had some grapes...woohoo! Yeah me!

Today even though I was stressed again, I made sure the healthier option was at my reach.

All I could think about was getting home and having a drink. Come on, who could blame me?!?!?! If you could drink at work I would have started at 9am!

However, I didn't consume a bottle...I came home, spent some quality time with my husband and daughter with some great laugh time to release those happy cells, and then relaxed with one glass of wine over dinner.

Oh my goodness...I think I'm changing my behaviour!

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts with Thumbnails