Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Just because it's free, doesn't mean you have to eat it!



I went downstairs for my soy cappuccino and my salad sandwich this morning and the coffee guy said "$2 for any food item"...oh dear...so I added yoghurt to my purchase. I'm still feeling good because it has fresh fruit and raw nuts so I'm happy.

He then hands me an apple danish as I'm walking away. I mumble "thank you" as I carry the additional calories I know I don't need and I feel paralysed to hand it back.

It stares at me all day on my desk, until the minute that I'm having a stress moment and I rip open the wrapping and I eat it all in a few bites...

Why did I feel compelled to eat it? Well, it was free! Now don't tell me that you haven't used that rationalisation before!

It's like the lolly jar in the office...it's just there...and you are drawn to it...

Tomorrow is yet ANOTHER day, another chance to have more willpower to set my calories and stick to them!

P.S. I stuck to my exercise again this morning...WOOHOO! I'm fabulous!

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts with Thumbnails