Wednesday, February 17, 2010

How easy is it to say "no"?



When offered food, especially food that I love (i.e. chocolate) I find it almost impossible to refuse.

Even if I'm not hungry, it's like a mindless automatic answer that comes out of my mouth..."oh yes please"

I don't know why? Does this make me obsessed with food???

My thoughts would be...no...I think that I've trained myself into a habit of not truly thinking about what I'm eating. I believe that I need to learn to listen more to my body and not my cravings.

For example: Just because buffet breakfast is part of my room charge, I don't have to have three courses. I don't have to have the bacon and eggs option. I can think before I select and choose the healthier option.

Another example: It's lunchtime and lunch is served in a conga line and you have to take a plate and serve yourself. I don't need to put abit of everything on my plate. I can be selective, enjoy some things but not others.

It's afternoon tea, there are biscuits and cakes out. I don't have to take one just because a waiter is offering me one...I CAN SAY NO...for goodness sake...not brain surgery...but just soooooooo hard to implement!

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts with Thumbnails