Monday, January 18, 2010

Healthy Snacks

One thing you have to prepare for when starting any diet is the case of the munchies.



Know how your body functions and when your "I need something to eat" cravings will kick in.



For me it's essentially from 2pm-4pm every afternoon on a work day. Mornings is filled with breakfast, meetings and more meetings, then comes lunch and by 2pm I'm either ready for siesta or I'm searching for something to munch on.



Now, apparently this is a sign that your body does need something to eat, but the questions is WHAT and HOW MUCH. From what I've studied in terms of successful weight loss plans (i.e. Lite n Easy and Weight Watchers) it's about having smaller meals throughout the day to speed up your metabolism and avoid the peaks and falls in your metabolic rate (?)...or something to that effect. Ok, if you really do want more scientific and fact based answer, please do your own research.



The key I think is plan your meals and plan to have snacks. Just redefine what "snack" means.



For Christmas my parents bought me a bag of healthy snack foods, and Ajita's Vege chips was one of them.



It opened my eyes to a world of healthy snack items that can fill the space when you really need something a little more than a celery stick (and definitely more exciting!). The flavours are amazing and you can forget that they are 40% less fat than regular chips.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts with Thumbnails